I prefer fruit to vegetables in my salad and a lettuce of heftier means - like spring mix or yard clippings as my DOH refers to them and / or kale, etc.
First, make the dressing because it really should sit for 15 to 30 minutes before dressing your salad.
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 T. coarse ground mustard
- 2T. olive oil
- 2 T. honey
- 2T. balsamic vinegar
- Place the cloves of fresh garlic in your wooden salad bowl.
- Sprinkle with kosher salt and using the back of a table fork, mash the garlic with the salt.
- Add coarse ground mustard, olive oil, honey, and balsamic vinegar.
- Using a whisk, blend well and set aside while you make the salad.
- 6 cups greens
- 1 apple
- 1 mandarin orange
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup pecans
- Wash whatever greens you are using and set aside.
- Using the chunky cut side of a mandolin, use as much of an apple as possible.
- Peel a mandarin orange and add them both to the greens.
- Refrigerate until the dressing has rested for at least 15 minutes.
- Add your greens, apples, and oranges (and whatever other fruit you want - I love to add avocados - and toss until all the greens are dressed.
- Toss on the goat cheese and nuts and/or seeds and toss a bit more.