- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- salt, to taste
- 5 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup chickpeas
- 1/4 cup couscous
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- Heat the oil and saute the onions and garlic over medium heat for 2 minutes or until soft.
- Add the coriander powder, cumin, chili powder, and salt
- Stir and pour in the vegetable broth
- Bring to a boil and cook for 3 - 4 minutes over medium heat.
- Add the chickpeas and couscous and remove from heat.
- Serve hot, garnished with mint and parsley.
I hope you make some fresh tandoori roti ... it's easy and amazing!