- 1 can vegetarian refried beans
- 1 can RoTel tomatoes
- 1 - 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- whole wheat soft taco shells
- In a medium saucepan, combine the refried beans, RoTel tomatoes, and rice.
- When heated through, add 1/2 cup of shredded cheese.
- Heat through.
- At this point you can put it in smaller containers and refrigerate or freeze until later.
- When you're ready to serve them:
- In a large cast iron frying pan, place one taco shell and heat on low until heated through.
- Add about 1/4 cup of bean/rice/tomato mixture and continue heating slowly.
- Add more shredded cheese and fold over
- Continue heating until slightly crispy on one side.
- Flip and heat on the other side.
- Once you fold one, you can start the another.
I made a dipping sauce with some sour cream and salsa. You can also make guacamole for a dip.