- 1 lb ground turkey
- taco seasoning of choice (for gluten free, just add your own GF spices)
- 2 cups cooked brown rice or favorite rice blend
- 1 (15-oz) can fat-free refried beans
- 1 cup salsa
- 3/4 - 1½ cups sharp cheddar cheese, divided (I prefer less cheese)
- ⅔ cup organic corn chips
- 1 (2 ⅓-oz) can sliced black olives, drained
- Chopped green onions, diced avocado or tomato (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook ground turkey, taco seasoning and 3 tablespoons of water until no pink remains.
- Place cooked rice in an 8-inch square baking dish.
- Heat beans and salsa over low heat until hot, about 5 minutes.
- Stir and spoon over rice.
- Layer cooked turkey over bean mixture.
- Sprinkle half the cheese over beef.
- Scatter chips evenly over cheese
- Top with remaining cheese and black olives.
Bake until cheese is melted, about 10 minutes and top with green onions, avocado and tomato, if you wish.