- 1 T. olive oil
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 3 cans cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 - 4 ounce cans chopped green chilies
- 1 T. (or to taste) dried oregano
- 1 t. ground cumin
- 1 pinches cayenne pepper, or to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro, or to taste
- salt, to taste
white shredded cheese
wedges of lime
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook onion and garlic in hot oil until cooked through.
- Add chicken broth, cannellini beans, green chilies, oregano, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook until the chicken is cooked through, 30 to 45 minutes.
- Divide cilantro among 4 bowls.
- Ladle chili over cilantro and top with cheese, squeeze lime wedge over bowl.
- Season with salt to serve.