In the meantime, we have a new malady ... nocturnal leg cramps. Though I often sleep through Tom's late night hop around the bedroom, sometimes the cramps are so bad his calves are sore in the morning. My research nets me what I already know save adding magnesium to his diet. There are some lifestyle changes I have had him try and we are now keeping track so we can figure out what is working and what isn't.
We've already ...
- reduced his caffeine - meaning 1/2 caff coffee, reduced sweet tea, and less cola
- increased his water intake
- added calf stretches before bed
- he already eats bananas
- he already eats plenty of sodium
- we have now added magnesium
We will continue tracking ... stay tuned.