This my new, most favorite granola. And, no, Tom isn't a big granola eater, but considering the latest events around here ... who knows. There are lots of ways to enjoy this granola, but my favorite way is to dip a banana into a little bowl of granola ... each and every bit of banana is covered with granola. It's my grandkids favorite way, too. It would also work, instead of pecans, for the apple nachos!
- 3 cups unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 1/2 cups sliced almonds
- 1 cup shelled raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds (optional)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss coconut, almonds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, chia seeds, if using, salt, cinnamon, and cardamom in a large bowl.
- Cook honey, oil, and vanilla in a small pot over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot and easily pourable, about 1 minute. Pour over coconut mixture and stir to combine. Spread mixture evenly on prepared baking sheet and bake, stirring once halfway through, until golden-brown and crisp, about 25 minutes